miércoles, 15 de mayo de 2019

TBR Challenge: ‘I’M IN NO MOOD FOR LOVE’, by Rachel Gibson

Little Black Dress, 2006



The topic of this month is Backlist Glom (author with more than one book in your TBR)

Published: Oct-2006
Genre: contemporary
My Rating: three stars
Part of a Series: Writer Friends #2


I glom several authors, so it was not very difficult to find authors with more than one book in my TBR pile.

I have read mainly historical novels this last month. Therefore, I wanted something different. I chose this contemporary comedy of one of the few Gibson’s series that I had not started yet.

Rachel Gibson is one of my favourite authors. That is the reason why I have read nearly all of her books, but none belonging to this series. I think it is because they are not translated to Spanish, and I have read this writer mainly in my own language.

In the beginning of this book, we meet Clare Wingate in one of her worst days. It is the wedding day of one of her friends, and she is bridesmaid, but it is the day in which she found out that her fiancé is, in fact, gay, and she discovers this in an unmistakable way.

Therefore, she drinks a lot and founds herself the following day in a hotel room. She has spent the night with Sebastian Vaughan, a journalist that she has known all her life, as he was the gardener’s son in her mother’s house.

They are attracted to each other. Both of them are in their thirties and see no problem in having a friends-with-benefits relationship. Although Clare is a romantic one, just now she is not in the mood for love. So very-sexy-against-commitment Sebastian is perfect to have an affair with.

Of course, this is Romancelandia and sooner or later love is mixed in this kind of relationship.

It has been a light reading, I quite enjoyed it. Clare is a romance writer and some of the good moments comes from this fact. Gibson is great building sexual tension between the main characters, and this book is not an exception. The romantic part, the moment in which a sexual relationship turns into something else, the moment in which they find they are in love, is not so good, at least to my tastes. She creates so believable commitment phobic heroes that when they change and say ‘hey, I’m in love’ it happens very quickly, quite unexpectedly and I find it hard to believe.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario